[AccessD] OT - file search results save - Thanks solved

O'Connor, Patricia Patricia.O'Connor at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Thu Feb 19 15:28:33 CST 2004

Thanks for all the suggestions

Mark Matte sent me a db that gave me what I needed. It searched out and
enter into a table. all the directories in the drive. Then searched for the
MDB's and put the filename, size, time, and full path into another table. I
was able to create a nicely formatted report with the full path name, file
name, size, and date to send to our unit. I tweaked the forms to allow me to
search for all files or just A specific file extension.

Drew's Drive Mapper was another good utility. The only problem I had with it
was getting the full file path to print correctly. If there were several
levels of subdirectories I had to try to loop through to rebuild the full
path. I just really didn't have time to play with the code needed to do
this.

The karenware powertool was ok but with the db I was able to get a better
looking report.

Thanks again
Patti