[AccessD] Code Not Working in XP

Eric Barro ebarro at afsweb.com
Tue Feb 3 18:08:36 CST 2004

Virginia,

This may or may not be related to your issue but I came across an application that stopped working when the OS was upgraded (via clean install) from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

This was an app that did an HTTP post to a remote server with a VB front end and an Access MDB back end.

The solution that worked for me today after many hours of messing around...

Open IE and go to Tools, Internet Options and then click the Advanced tab and then check the box that says

Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections

Again this may or may not solve your issues but it's something you may want to look into.

---
Eric Barro
Senior Systems Analyst
Advanced Field Services