[AccessD] Date

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 4 18:48:34 CST 2004

On 4 Feb 2004 at 18:45, Oleg_123 at xuppa.com wrote:

> nee, I know that one.
> it worked fine after i took of reference to MS Word 9 on 2 ppl machines,
> but i can't do it for everybody, caz one of the secretaries needs it for
> something. I dunno why Format(date) worked on some machines but not
> others, i just wrote function myself that reformats it from 2/2/04 (or
> with leading zeros) February 2, 2004.

Trouble is, if the Date() function is broken because of a broken
reference, a number of other functions  will be as well  -including
several string manipulation functions (including Format$).

You need to treat the cause, not just a single symptom. Otherwise, you
are going to keep on finding problems: or worse, you will not find them -
but they will be giving you incorrect outputs.

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd