[AccessD] Date

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 4 19:41:08 CST 2004

On 4 Feb 2004 at 20:30, John W. Colby wrote:

> Charlotte,
>
> What is the answer to this?  It isn't so much "a reference to a specific
> version" as it is "a reference to a lib" and that lib unfortunately includes
> a "version".  I have this problem myself.  I use outlook and word both, one
> of which requires an actual reference to an OLB.  That OLB is a specific
> file in a specific location.

Late binding.

From

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q245115

<quote>
'No reference to a type library is needed to use late binding.
'As long as the object supports IDispatch, the method can  be dynamically
'located and invoked at run-time.

' Declare the object as a late-bound object
  Dim oExcel As Object

  Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
</quote>

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd