[AccessD] OT: OO?

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Feb 5 07:46:20 CST 2004

Is this the book you are talking about?

      THE LITTLE BOOK OF OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING, Henry LEDGARD,
      1943- , University of Toledo

Publisher : Prentice Hall <http://www.prenhall.com/> - Englewood Cliffs,
N.J.

Bibliographic :

    * Paperback
    * ISBN: 0-13-396342-X
    * October 1995, © 1996
    * viii, 181 p. ; 23 cm.
    * Dewey No.: 005.13 20

    * Object-oriented programming (Computer science)
    * Computer Programming: Object-Oriented Programming

Based on the premise that there is much needless confusion about OOP,
this mini-book offers a very simple, clear explanation of the truly
fundamental issues in OOP that can be read by any programmer.

CONTENTS:

1. Introduction.

2. Types. 2.1 Mini-language Type. 2.2 The Meaning of Type. 2.3 Primitive
Types. 2.4 Composite Types. 2.5 Type Checking. Further Reading and
Exercises.

3. Definition of New Types. 3.1 Mini-language Typedef. 3.2 Type
Definitions. 3.3 User-defined Operators. 3.4 A Note on Pascal. Further
Reading and Exercises.

4. Packages and Modules. 4.1 Mini-language Modules. 4.2 Packages and
Modules. 4.3 Encapsulation and Abstraction. 4.4 Information Hiding. 4.5
Separate Compilation. 4.6 Modula-2 and Ada. Further Reading and Exercises.

5. Objects and Abstract Data Types. 5.1 Mini-language Objects. 5.2 Full
Objects. 5.3 Abstract Data Types. 5.4 Turbo Pascal. Further Reading and
Exercises.

6. Classes. 6.1 Mini-language Classes. 6.2 More on Objects. 6.3
Smalltalk and Eiffel. Further Reading and Exercises.

7. Inheritance. 7.1 Mini-Language Inherit. 7.2 Inheritance. 7.3
Polymorphism. 7.4 C++ and Ada 9X. Further Reading and Exercises.

8. Object-Oriented Programming. 8.1 What is an "Object"? 8.2 Variety of
Objects. 8.3 Questioning Object-Oriented Programming. 8.4 Program Flash.

Appendix 1: General Exercises. Appendix 2: Flash Source Code in C++.
Appendix 3: Glossary.

References (p. 172-178). * Index.

======== It sure looks good to me.  Think I will go buy a copy.
Tina