[AccessD] Re: DatePart Question

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Thu Feb 5 08:25:15 CST 2004

Gustav,

Your example would not return the same data Charlotte's would.
You would return all months.  Hers would only return May of
the years specified.

A date and/or date/time dimension is essential in data
warehousing, period.  As for the use in a transactional
system, personal preference.  As for the use in reporting
systems, it is a really good idea.  That is what data
warehouses and data marts are for and where the date
dimension shines.

Robert