[AccessD] MsysModules2 II

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Thu Feb 5 14:51:25 CST 2004

Nope
Access can theoretically have up to 255 users (according to the Jet
programmers guide).  Although for all practical purposes, performance takes
a major hit after 20.
Sounds like something has corrupted the LDB file.  Just a guess, but if it
is the MSysModules2 table, it may have been the result of importing an
object.  Is the machine name mentioned in your original message a valid one
(i.e. refers to a machine that has the app open)?  If so, what happens if
you get them to close it?
I'd try getting everyone out of the system, delete the LDB if it doesn't do
so automatically, and perform a repair just for good measure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg_123 at xuppa.com [mailto:Oleg_123 at xuppa.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 2:42 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] MsysModules2 II

found this on another forumm ---

I'm getting the message "Table MsysModules2 is Exclusively Locked by
user X on machine Y" when attempting to access Microsoft Access
Version 97 systems, with or without enforced Access system security.

* What has been identified with solely self contained Access 97
systems :
* With Access 97 security (MDW file),
* On a Windows 2000 machine

another person repplied:I saw in an other newsgroup (access newsgroup)
that you can use a maximum of
7 user at one time. This IS the case at our work. But why not more than 7
??? Where can I find this?

-----
we also have Access 97 on Windows 2000 machine
7 users ???? is this true ??