[AccessD] More Musings on what might happen MS moving away from OOPs by Don Box

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Feb 8 21:31:37 CST 2004

On 8 Feb 2004 at 19:02, MartyConnelly wrote:

> Microsoft steers away from object orientation
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/developer/0,39020387,39143730,00.htm

"How do we discourage unwanted intimacy?... The metaphor we’re going
to use for integrating programs [on Indigo] is service orientation. I
can only interact by sending and receiving messages. Message-based
comms gives more flexibility."

Why don't we try to come up with some fancy new name for this.

I know!  How about Dynamic Data Exchange or DDE for short - that has
a nice ring to it <g>

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg