[AccessD] Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what might happen

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 9 19:29:59 CST 2004

I agree with your comments.

After a recent interview, it was noted that a programmers' skill sets are
only good for three years. Those degrees and certifications you have been
able obtain within that ever moving window are the only bankable products
you have. Ten plus years of knowlege is not.

Clients have these expectancies and demand the latest and greatest. We must
thank Microsoft for this every changing market, of which they control so
well. I wonder if the process is more to force sales and intergrate their
products lines into the OS so as to eliminate all competition....but these
are idle musings.

Lucky the programmer who has found themselves supporting older database
systems that have proved too large and expensive to change and so that they
have been able to really master the product.

My two cents worth.
Jim