[AccessD] Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what might happen (RANT)

bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au
Tue Feb 10 16:07:52 CST 2004

>Hi Bruce
>
>Did you have a look at Rekall and BlackAdder:
>
>  http://www.thekompany.com/products/
>
>which will bring Python or Ruby to you as well ...
>I haven't had the time myself, and I wouldn't expect too much, but for
>some situations they could prove useful.
>
>/gustav

Hi Gustav,

I looked at Ruby some time last year purely to investigate the language for
a client as an alternative to C/C++ which was costing him too much for
cutters.  The feature set looked good, the simplicity looked good, but we
discounted it on the availability of local expertise- not that there isn't
any it was just that the experts are all quite busy.

I did not have the benefit of an IDE to evaluate it as a user.  So thanks
for the link to Blackadder - I will revisit Ruby again.