[AccessD] Mde trouble

rsmethurst at UK.EY.COM rsmethurst at UK.EY.COM
Wed Feb 11 03:58:08 CST 2004

Hi All,

Thanks to those of you who sent suggestions for my mde problem.

It seems to be working now, and the problem appears to have been that
there were circular references in the class modules.  This wasn't caught
in the compile, but seems to have stopped the mde from being created.

Thanks again,
RyanS

rsmethurst at uk.ey.com
Sent by: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
10/02/2004 16:50
Please respond to Access Developers discussion and problem solving

        To:     Access Developers discussion and problem solving
<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        [AccessD] Mde trouble

I'm using A2K and am working with a database that fluctuates between about
    10 and 18 megs.  It has been working fine, until I tried to create an
.mde
    with it.

 The first .mde attempt, seemed to work ok, but literally didn't compact
the
    database more than a few thousand bytes (apparrently it normally makes
    substantially more difference than that)

And now, I am simply getting a message saying that 'MS Access was unable
    make an MDE file', even though there appears to be no problem with it,

and the code compiles fine?!

I have tried importing the objects, and a new database creates an mde with
    just the tables. But fails with the forms, and fails with the modules
when I have tried on
    seperate databases.

Other than this problem, the database seems to work fine and isn't having
    any problems compacting either.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Many thanks (in advance)

This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and contain proprietary
information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.  It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
author immediately by telephone or by replying to this e-mail, and then
delete all copies of the e-mail on your system.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or
rely on this e-mail.

Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that this e-mail and
any attachment has been checked for viruses, we cannot guarantee that they
are virus free and we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as
a result of software viruses.  We would advise that you carry out your own
virus checks, especially before opening an attachment.

The UK firm Ernst & Young LLP is a limited liability partnership
registered in England and Wales with registered number OC300001 and is a
member practice of Ernst & Young Global.  A list of members? names is
available for inspection at 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF, the
firm?s principal place of business and its registered office.