[AccessD] Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what mighthappen(RANT)

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Wed Feb 11 11:35:29 CST 2004

In Quick Basic you had both choices.
Include runtime in Exe or not...

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jim Dettman
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 5:29 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what
mighthappen(RANT)

Charlotte,

<<A compiled executable only runs when the runtime is in place>>

  That's not quite true as it depends on the language.  Most languages
today do depend on a runtime as their not fully compiled, but
incrementally compiled.  But there are languages that produce true
standalone EXE's.

<< what would be the point of an executable?>>

  Avoiding the PITA of references for one.  Better performance is a
second.
Easier distribution is a third.

Jim Dettman
President,