[AccessD] Calling objects

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 11 11:55:57 CST 2004

Hi Ryan

What Charlotte tries to tell you is that Access doesn't compress
embedded pictures neither are they stored as is; prior to storage they
are converted to bitmaps. That is why it is not efficient to store,
say, jpegs with 24 mio. colours in oversize which you later zoom down
to fit. Scale them down outside Access and save as bitmaps, if
possible at 256 colours or less.

Same goes for reports - pick a wrong picture format and your app will
belly up.

/gustav