[AccessD] Re: Next Version of Access 12 Musings on what mighthappen(RANT)

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Feb 11 12:37:21 CST 2004

Personally, I was a "Clipper Head."  I had an extensive library of code and
I also used a design tool called Zachary (I was also a beta tester of
Zachary).  Zachary was also written in Clipper using Zachary.  I had events
like After Update 3 years before Access.  I also had a mouse aware GUI that
ran in DOS under Windows 3.1/3.11.  I had a GUI type form design tool in
Zachary.  Clipper was bought by Computer Associates and killed because of a
lack of commitment to go forward with the development in a true Windows
environment.  Zachary died with Clipper.  Am I sorry?  Well, a
little.  But, I cannot remember now how to open a table in Clipper, so I
will stick with the GUI environment and not bang my head against the "I
hate Microsoft" wall and just walk around it to the bank.  ;-)

Robert