[AccessD] Calling objects

rsmethurst at UK.EY.COM rsmethurst at UK.EY.COM
Thu Feb 12 04:20:58 CST 2004

Thanks Gustav, will try that.

Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk>
Sent by: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
11/02/2004 17:55
Please respond to Access Developers discussion and problem solving

        To:     Access Developers discussion and problem solving
<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [AccessD] Calling objects

Hi Ryan

What Charlotte tries to tell you is that Access doesn't compress
embedded pictures neither are they stored as is; prior to storage they
are converted to bitmaps. That is why it is not efficient to store,
say, jpegs with 24 mio. colours in oversize which you later zoom down
to fit. Scale them down outside Access and save as bitmaps, if
possible at 256 colours or less.

Same goes for reports - pick a wrong picture format and your app will
belly up.

/gustav