[AccessD] increasing database size

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 14 16:20:16 CST 2004

For starters -- check out Arthur's context-sensitive combo box -- we wrote
about it for... TechRepublic.com or Builder.com -- one, you could probably
just do a search on Arthur (or my name) -- wait... Arthur, maybe it was
devx.com? I don't remember -- Arthur will. Anyway -- great way to speed up a
combo with a really big list. If I can find it -- I'll post a link.

Susan H.

Hello Gustav and Rocky,

all of the databases that i have designed at work or at home don't have
backend and frontend. A maximum of 6 users are working with them. In this
group i heard a lot about front- and backend. Could you give me the
advantage and disadvantage of this method.

The form indeed loads about 12 comboboxes with each 1500 records. Further it
has about 150 textboxes where the control source is one of the columns of
these comboboxes.

Anyway could i speed up things and is this the problem for the increasing
database.

Pedro Janssen