[AccessD] Re: Checkboxes/MultiSelect Listbox - What's Best?

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Tue Feb 17 09:37:01 CST 2004

Terri,

The best way, according to normalization rules, is to store
it in a SelectedPrograms table.  You would also have a table
tlkpPrograms to use for a list of valid programs.  By doing
it this way, they can add new programs without you having
to change the program to handle it.  If you use check boxes,
you would have to add new ones and remove existing ones as
the program list changed.

If you want, you can send me the current structure off list
and I will look at it and give you suggestions about how to
get it fully normalized.

Robert