[AccessD] Unrecognized Database Format

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Wed Feb 18 13:26:06 CST 2004

Jim Dettman tried opeing the db in A2002 and 2003, but that failed.  Thanks,
Jim.

I have opened the db in a hex editor.  There is something wrong for sure,
but I don't know what to do.

At the top of the bad file there is a line "This program cannot be run in
DOS mode"

In a healthy mdb, the line is "Standard Jet DB"

Also, looking down thru the file, it seems as thought everything is
gibberish as opposed to a good mdb which has some text in it I can
recognize.

That's as far as I can go without a little more help.

Is there anything else that can be done (other than throwing in the towel)?

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
phone: 812.523.1017