[AccessD] OT Outlook 2003 Outbound Image/Attach Corruption

Greg Smith weeden1949 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:40:52 CST 2004

I know this is off-topic a bit for this group but I also know that a lot of
you have a lot of experience with Outlook and maybe you've run into this
before.  I hope.

Any embedded images or attachments to my outbound emails are being
corrupted.  Sometimes just part of the images (if there are three or four in
the body of the email, then two of them are damaged or corrupted...partially
or completely) are damaged.  Sometimes NONE of them.  Sometimes the
attachments, sometimes not.  Size does not seem to matter...except it takes
longer for me to find out they were corrupted if it's a large image.

If I set up my ISP email on Outlook Express and send emails that way...they
get corrupted as well.  So it happens in both OE (latest ver on XP) and
Outlook 2003.

I use Starband as my ISP (no choice...vs phone line...blech...), it's kind
of slow outbound, but if I send emails out with attachments through
hotmail...no problem...using Starband.

Took out firewall.  No change.

Shut down Norton AV.  No change.

Connected my laptop (WinXP & Outlook 2003) to the network...sends everything
just FINE, using same ISP.  Everything seems to point to my installation of
Outlook 2003 on my desktop.

Ran MSOffice Repair utility from CD:  No change.

Uninstalled Outlook 2003 (using M$ install CD), reinstalled.  No change.

Set security in Outlook to Zip, zero, nada..nothing:  No change.

Both my laptop and my desktop are patched to the latest MSOffice critical
service packs.  And one works, one doesn't.  Both receive everything ok...no
problem on the inbound.

I've looked all over tech support at M$, but didn't find anything that gave
me any clues as to what to check.

Anyone ever see this behavior before?

TIA...Greg Smith
Weeden1949 at hotmail.com