[AccessD] Backup routines

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 17:56:39 CST 2004

IMNSHO, Access databases in production require at minimum a 30 day cycle
I use zip to cd to backup the mdb and zip it off the server to my pc,
and then have a seperate backup that backs the server mdb to tape at
night.  Tape backups are stored by the IS dept offsite under our company
contract of a 10yr storage, while the zip files are stored on my 80gig
hdd for a minumum of 30 days.  When the mdb was in production we also
moved the older zips (in 1week intervals) to CD

--
-Francisco