[AccessD] Re: Determining Time for Project

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 27 01:37:07 CST 2004

Ack. I just realized you are in Canadian Silly service. Make sure you
have a signed agreement with your boss or preferrably the personnel dept.
that you have a job to return to. I had a friend who worked with
Transport Canada and she was seconded outside the Department for six
months to a year to get a major air traffic control system back on track.
I insisted that she get a piece of paper saying she would return with
same seniority and position. When she returned nobody wanted to know her
and they tried to tell her she had abandoned her position, without that
paper she would have been in PSAC arbitration for months without pay.
Don't trust anyone without it being in writing , I have seen too many
people in the Civil Service lie through their teeth.  It probably won't
happen but
protect yourself anway.