[AccessD] BE UPGRADER

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Fri Feb 27 09:49:47 CST 2004

Dean, the BEU is designed for you to define the parts of the table in steps.
You first define the table, then define each field, define any indexes, and
finally define any relationships.  This may take several steps.  I know I
have added tables with as many as 20 lines in the BEU.  This is all done in
the FE and all you send to the user is the new FE.

When you issue a new FE to the user, the BEU will create this table upon the
next start up.

There is no need to create the tables before hand.  These days I never
create a table manually.  Even if I am just testing some ideas I use the BEU
to make any needed changes to the BE.  I haven't manually changed a BE since
we finished the BEU.

If you have specific questions please ask them.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
phone: 812.523.1017
email: reuben at gfconsultants.com