[AccessD] Excel to Access by clicking cells.

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Tue Jan 6 08:49:52 CST 2004

Hi guys

Just brainstorming with myself to improve some stuff...

We receive on a daily basis (7x7) a lot of excel files with data in it
from several sources.
We can not standarise those files for several reasons so we print these
files en type the data manualy in Access.
I was wondering if anyone ever has written a function so you could click
the cells with the data and then right-click something and the data is
passed to a recordset in Access depending on your multiselect order in
Excel.

Importing is not an option because these files change to much and are
often to complex (more data in the file then we need).

The data are boxoffice figures from cinema theatres.
So the data we need as a result looks like this.

Date1 MovieA Tickets Amount
Date1 MovieB Tickets Amount
Date1 MovieC Tickets Amount
Date2 MovieA Tickets Amount
Date2 MovieC Tickets Amount
Date2 MovieD Tickets Amount

The excel sheets can vary, it can be horizontal, vertical, double
vertical double horizontal...

So I believe a multi select would be a solution. I think it will be
faster than printing and manual typing.
I just want some code that put me on the road with this multiselecting
thing and passing to Access.

Erwin

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/jonathan

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>