[AccessD] Access 2003 issue

Stephen Bond stephen at bondsoftware.co.nz
Thu Jan 8 02:21:16 CST 2004

Thanks Joshua - I got to the bottom of it ... eventually.  I have queries which reference fields on a Form as criteria (criteria:Forms!Form1!field1).  Many of these fields are on sub-forms, in fact worse than that, subforms of a form which is the Page in a Tab Control.

Access 2003 queries seem to be extremely fussy how you reference these fields.  You must have the precise syntax.  So, where this worked previously
  (Forms!MainForm!SubForm!Field), now I must have
  (Forms!MainForm!SubForm.Form!Field)
in order for the queries to ReQuery correctly in 2003.

The new syntax also works in A2000.

Stephen Bond