[AccessD] Formatting time - minutes to hour:minutes

CYNTHIA SPELL CSPELL at jhuccp.org
Thu Jan 8 10:21:12 CST 2004

I have an application that tracks the amount of time spent on projects.  I used DateDiff on the entry form in order to get the number of minutes between the start and end times.  The number is held in a field called "Time."  In a report, I sum "Time" in order to get the total number of minutes.    I need to show the total minutes in hh:mm format on the report.  I tried to simply format the field in the report, but that didn't work.

I tried dividing the minutes by 60, which gave me the number of hours and a remainder.  I then multiplied the remainder by 60 and then divided by 100 to get the number of seconds.  This is getting ugly....  Am I making this harder than it is??

Cindy