[AccessD] MDW file

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Jan 15 11:46:51 CST 2004

This group has helped me so much over the past two years. My confidence
has increased 1000%, which I attribute directly to my involvement with
this list. Just yesterday, my boss made some crack about an external
programmer that they have used...basically saying that if I get as good
as him I could do what he does (he is currently taking a year off and
traveling the country in an RV)...and for the first time, I stood up and
said, "I am just as good, if not better, than [that guy]."

Anyhow, now that I have explained how 'good' I have become, I was
thrown a twist. Because this guy is out of town, he cannot respond to a
call that they have regarding a program he wrote. It needs to be placed
on the desktops, of another department. "No problem," I said, "I can
handle it." But I notice in the shortcut that exists, in the original
department, it uses an .MDW file in the target line (ms.mdw" "c:\program
files\cms\cmssecure.mdb"). I just called to verify this line, because I
thought that at least a "c was missing from the front...I don't get the
one quote mark.

I have never used workgroup features of Access, and I really don't plan
to. What do I need to do to set this up?

Thanks!

John W Clark

John W. Clark
Computer Programmer / Asst. Network Administrator
Niagara County
Central Data Processing