[AccessD] Word 2K email merge problems

Colby, John JColby at dispec.com
Tue Jan 20 11:51:58 CST 2004

Folks,

I'm trying to do an email merge where the merge data document is named
differently that the original data document.  IOW, I set up the original
document in a directory on the server.  I set up a data document (text file)
out there to test the document, get it working etc.  When it comes time to
merge I need the actual data document to be located on the local drive
because this merge process could be preformed by several people at the same
time and by doing it locally I avoid "collisions".  I also rename both the
merge document itself and it's data document.  It seems this should be
doable, but I can't find a way to programatically set the merge data
(document) name at merge time.

Is this possible?

John W. Colby
The database guy