[AccessD] Mail Merge - Verifying user is satisfied and completed the merge

Colby, John JColby at dispec.com
Tue Jan 20 12:29:12 CST 2004

I am attempting to set up a system where one group of people "order" merged
documents, and another set of users then print those ordered documents, QA
and mail them out.  The users that order the documents will do the mail
merge (on their local machine), with the document opened and visible to them
after the merge.  The user can then edit the document (add sentences /
paragraphs etc), scan that the merged data is correct etc.

If they are happy then I need to save the merged document out to a common
location on the network with the doc name modified to include the initials
of the person ordering the document, the date, the claim number that the doc
is about etc.  If the user is not happy, I need to just delete the
document(s) on the local drive.

My question is, how do I stop processing as I open the document so that I
can then ask the user if it all worked satisfactorily after they close the
document.  Is it possible to "open the document MODAL (so to speak) where
they are in Word, can edit and do whatever, but they have to close Word to
get back to Access?

How do you guys handle this stuff.

John W. Colby
The DIS database guy