[AccessD] DatePart Question

Gina Hoopes hoopesg at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:12:00 CST 2004

This may be a dumb question, but here goes.  I have a table full of data
that I need to query, and what I need returned is the data from last month.
If I query the Max on DatePart("m",PeriodEnd) on the data that's there now,
I get a 12 which is correct (from 12/31/03).  But, next month we will have
added January '04 data, so the latest data in the PeriodEnd field will be
1/31/04, but when I query for just the month, am I going to get a 1?  I
guess I'm asking if the Max function is still going to look at the whole
date and return just the DatePart of "m", or will 12 be considered alone,
and therefore greater than 1?

I'm always open to an easier method, if you've got any ideas.

Thanks,
Gina