[AccessD] FMSINC Applications

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Tue Jan 6 09:29:43 CST 2004

I have Analyzer 2000, Total Access Memo and Total Access Components.

I have used the Memo control on several databases.  All but one in-house.
The client had a requirement for comments on a report to be presented to the
CEO, CFO, and others on a monthly basis.  It has saved my client hours.
The only problem I had was that, I had used the demo version before I
installed the purchased version on my development machine.  It didn't work
on the client's machine.  I uninstalled the demo version and reinstalled the
licensed version... no more problems.  Client loves it.

I have only used the Components on one database (same client).  I needed a
Red button to tell them to relink the tables after a new FE was ftp'd to
there directory.  I also included the Progress Meter for a couple of items
that seemed to take forever!  Even though, the total time was longer, it
seems shorter to the client because of the visual aide.  Both have worked
well.

I like the Analyzer, especially for those databases that I have inherited.
I like the documenter and the diagrams.  For example, the data flow diagram
will give you the table name where it's used in queries, forms and reports.
It will also tell you where the query is used (form or report).
Examples of the documenter are that a form doesn't have a caption or that a
query is used.

Jim