[AccessD] Best API references

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jan 9 20:51:10 CST 2004

On 9 Jan 2004 at 10:53, Andy Lacey wrote:

> What web site(s) do any of you use as a reference for API calls, and how to
> use them from VBA? Lambert recently sent me some useful tips on the use of
> SHBrowseFolder and others among you have given detailed info on other API
> calls. But how do you know this stuff? Where can I go to find out for
> myself? Sites like Dev's 'The Access Web' have some great stuff, but not a
> comprehensive list.
> --

To get the VB/VBA declarations  grab APIViewer from
http://www.mentalis.org/agnet/apiviewer.shtml

For a comprehensive set of references download:
ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/bcppbuilder/techpubs/bcb5/b5ms.zip

It's a 17MB download which contains:
Microsoft Programmer's Guide to Windows 95 95GUIDE.HLP
Microsoft Knowledge Base KBASE.HLP
Microsoft Win32 Message (MAPI) Reference MAPI.HLP
MIDL Programmer's Reference MIDL.HLP
ISAPI Programmer's Reference MISAPI.HLP
Multimedia Programmer's Reference MMEDIA.HLP
OLE 2.0 Programmer's Reference OLE.HLP
OpenGL Programmer's Reference OPENGL.HLP
MS Windows Performance Data Helper Reference PDH.HLP
MS Windows Pen API Programmer's Reference PENAPI.HLP
Win32 Programming Techniques PROGTECH.HLP
Remote Procedure Calls Reference RPC.HLP
MS Windows Setup API Programmer's Reference SETUPAPI.HLP
MS Windows Sockets 2 Reference SOCK2.HLP
MS Windows Telephony API Programmer's Reference TAPI.HLP
Win32 Programmer's Reference WIN32.HLP
Win32s Programmer's Reference WIN32S.HLP
Multimedia API Reference MM.HLP
Microsoft Windows Developer's Guide GUIDE.HLP
Microsoft Tools Reference MSTOOLS.HLP
Resource Compiler User's Guide RC.HLP

--
Lexacorp Ltd