[AccessD] Instantiate Forms as Objects

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Jan 21 10:34:25 CST 2004

Ken,

One of the problems with the "Set rFrm = New Form_Whatever" syntax is
that Form_Whatever isn't really the form object, it's the class module.
You can instantiate a module object in code using   Set mdl =
Modules("Form_Whatever"), but that doesn't get you where you want to go,
and the module has to be open for that to work, just as a form has to be
open to use the Set frm = Forms("Whatever").  There is obviously some
stuff going on under the hood that MS hasn't made apparent, some
automagic manipulations in the Set frm = New Form_Whatever expression.

I'm still trying to find an old example of the approach I used.

Charlotte