[AccessD] Re: A2K: Something new

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 14:52:28 CST 2004

Robert,

I've discovered something that is germaine to the discussion: my original question dealt with clicking on a sub-subform and trying to get to the Subform Field Linker. That is, I opened the master form that contains Subform A. Subform A contains Subform B. It was Subform B's linking fields I was trying to change.

However when I open Subform A in design mode and then try to access the linking fields in Subform B, then the Subform Field Linker comes up. I still see '[running]' appear in the VB title bar, but at least the Subform Field Linker wizard -- or whatever it is -- appears. It's just when I try to fiddle with the linking fields in a sub-subform to the Master that I have trouble with the "Object variable or With block variable not set" message and the Linker not appearing.

I have installed Access XP recently and I've noticed a thing or two relating to the help files that are different from before I installed Access XP...maybe this has something to do with the error message?

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI
920-969-0504

Message created with Bloomba

Disclaimer: No tree was killed in the transmission of this message. However, several coulombs of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.