[AccessD] Re: Temp tables and access security

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Tue Jan 27 13:28:00 CST 2004

Mark,

I would suggest using static tables in the front-end.  You will need to
give the users all permissions except permission to delete and create
tables.  You can do this if the structure of the temp tables do not change
each time they are run.  You just truncate (delete all rows) in them and
then reload the data.

Since I refuse to deal with Access security and I always have a copy of the
program MDE on each client, this is the way I handle it.  I also have them
refresh the local copy at least once a week.

Robert