[AccessD] Vonage

Colby, John JColby at dispec.com
Tue Jan 27 14:05:07 CST 2004

I received the phonemodem last night.  Plugged it in (behind my router for
those interested), waited 5 minutes, then picked up the receiver and made a
call.  Extremely easy to set up.

The sound so far is crystal clear, no clicks / pops or echoes.  I have a
brand new ATT 2ghz cordless phone system which I plugged in to it.  I can't
tell the difference between this and the landline.

I haven't done any heavy duty uploads / downloads though I will be doing
some testing in the next few days.

I went with the $15 / month package for 500 total minutes - local and long
distance, with anything after that billed at $.039 / minute.  If my useage
averages more than 500 minutes I'll move up to the $25 package with
unlimited local and 500 long distance minutes.  Given my useage patterns I
may very well end up with a $15 / month phone including long distance.

So far so good.

John W. Colby
The database guy