[AccessD] OT: Cannot get rid of spam!

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Fri Jan 30 07:06:28 CST 2004

My response to this over on dba-tech.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> rbgajewski at adelphia.net 30-Jan-04 6:51:37 AM >>>
Suggestions:

1) NEVER open these emails, especially if they are from other than a
microsoft.com address - and that is no guarantee, as the sending
address can
be spoofed.

2) NEVER use the "opt out" links included in these emails. All that
does is
validate to the sender that your email address is valid, and they will
send
you even more.

3) Invest in a "spam-blocker" software program; there are many
reasonably
good ones out there, and they are often free or at least low priced.
Personally, I have been using "iHateSpam", and it works quite well
(cost is
about $15 ??).

Good Luck!

Bob Gajewski