[AccessD] Big Modules v. Small Modules

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Jul 2 14:37:07 CDT 2004

I have heard and/or read that Access is smart enough to load only what
it needs from any given module. This suggests that for multi-app
reusable library code, you should just stuff it all into one huge
module. OTOH, it will Access time to read said module and decide which
components it needs in order to execute some specific chunk of code.
(Once a module is loaded, it remains loaded and Access won't have to
search again, as I understand the operations.)

So, what is the prevailing experience and wisdom here? In my current
project I have a dozen modules, each dedicated to a specific group of
functionalities (for example, all the PDF support stuff resides in one,
all the OutLook stuff in another, the API functions in another, etc.)
Aside from the organizational benefits, am I gaining or losing anything
with this approach?

TIA,
Arthur