[AccessD] Weird query execution problem.

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Tue Jul 27 07:33:43 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Me again with another problem.

I have these three queries that normally run fine on most BEs that I throw
at it.  These databases have between 1500-50000 payroll records.  I have a
large database with 193000 payroll records.  I am running the queries from
code using db.execute "queryname",dbfailonerror.

When processing the large database, Access appears to stop running.  It runs
up to the offending queries and stops.  I show 0% cpu for access when this
happens.  I have let it go for over an hour before and still no go.

So yesterday, I stopped the program right before the queries.  I then went
to the query list and double-clicked each of the three queries and they ran
fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on?  I am going to try running
them in code using a querydef.

Thanks,
Bobby