[AccessD] Trouble moving A2K mdb to another computer

Fred Hooper fahooper at trapo.com
Fri Jul 30 09:38:50 CDT 2004

I'm having trouble moving an A2K mdb to another computer.

My computer runs W2K and has all Access programs from A97 through A2003 plus
VB6, all up to date.

The target computers have: (1) W98 Me & A2K; and, (2) W2K & A2K. Both are
up-to-date.

The most extreme problem was the latest version encountered a "VBE6.dll"
file cannot be found. Going back to the previous version had no problems
(the changes were minor). Returning to the new version gave the problems
again.

Six months or so ago I had no problems moving versions. But recently, there
are *always* problems.

I've compacted-repaired both in A2K and A2003, I've imported everything to a
new container (but not recently).
Does anybody have any similar experiences and/or any ideas?

Thanks,
Fred Hooper