[AccessD] Frame question

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Sun Jul 4 20:04:45 CDT 2004

Hi Oleg
I do stuff like this using the tag property of a control
If a control can be cleared I give it a TAG property of say...1 if it can be
invisible I give it a TAG property of 2 and if it can be both I give it a TAG property of 3
Then based on your circumstances of data entry
run one of 3 code options eg
to make invisible all the controls thatcan be be invisible try...ps_SetVisibles 1
or
to clear all the controls that are allowed to be cleared try...ps_SetVisibles 2
or
to clear and make invisible the controls you want cleared and invisible try ps_SetVisibles 3

eg Make a module on your form like this
Private Sub ps_SetVisibles(intWhatValue As Integer)
'This code looks for all controls on a form that have a TAG that matches the
'intWhatValue passed to this sub then makes that control or controls visible or
'clears their contents or both

Dim ctl As Control
Select Case intWhatValue
Case 1
    For Each ctl In Me.Controls
        If ctl.Tag = 1 Then
            ctl.Visible = False
        End If
    Next
Case 2
    For Each ctl In Me.Controls
        If ctl.Tag = 2 Then
            ctl.Value = ""
        End If
    Next
Case 3
    For Each ctl In Me.Controls
        If ctl.Tag = 3 Then
            ctl.Visible = False
            ctl.Value = ""
        End If
    Next

Case Else
    MsgBox "can only deal with values 1 2 or 3"
End Select

Hope this helps

Darren