[AccessD] Monitoring concurrent connactions to the BE?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jul 15 02:51:03 CDT 2004

Hi Christopher

> I'll ask my main question up front:  is there a utility that will
> allow me to track the number of concurrent connections that are being
> made to a .mdb back-end?  I need to know what the peak number of
> concurrent connections is for a given file, and I need to know what
> time frame that peak takes place in.

You could have a look at Gary's Access Workbench:

  http://www.vb123.com/workbench/

".. It will allow you to see the users/computers using your database,
lock out new users so that you can make do maintenance .."

"If you have a lot of users or trouble getting everyone to log off,
you may need the internal logging database. This logs Windows User IDs
and even allows you to schedule shutdowns of your database. This
database comes with full Access source code and objects."

It's a USD 90 purchase. I haven't used it so I cannot tell more.

/gustav