[AccessD] Delete an external file from within Access vb

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Thu Jul 15 14:20:03 CDT 2004

is this what you are looking for?
Kill strFileName

Jim hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Smith [mailto:GregSmith at starband.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 1:54 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Delete an external file from within Access vb

Hello again.

Many thanks to Charlotte, Mark, Rocky, Dan, Max and Gustav for your help
on the "open file dialog" box issue.  It works!

Now, I want to delete the file that 'we' used after selecting it from the
file dialog box.  I don't want to delete it right after selecting it, but
later, after I've imported the data that was in it.

But I can't remember how to do it.  I know I've done this before but I
can't find the code nor the brain cell that contains that information...it
might be on vacation at the moment.  Or it's fighting with the only other
one I've got.  Or they're both out playing HALO and I'm toast.

Any help would & is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Greg Smith
gregsmith at starband.net