[AccessD] Working with TSQL Timestamp values in Access VBA?

Michael Brösdorf michael.broesdorf at web.de
Fri Jul 16 09:56:58 CDT 2004

Dear group,

for an unbound form in my Access 2K application I want to compare the value
of a timestamp column to that of the same record on the server to find out
if modifications have been made by other users.

Unfortunately I can't find a way to store such timestamp values in a
variable.

Is it possible to convert timestamp values to a number or a string in a
deterministic way?
(In TSQL, the CONVERT-function does not allow for explicit type conversion
of timestamp values.)

Michael