[AccessD] Need more than 255 fields! (was - Hit the Wall?)

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Fri Jul 23 15:06:51 CDT 2004

I'm not talking about removing fields from the *process*, I'm talking
about changing the nature of a record to include a field for the value
and a field for the "field name", "process segment", or whatever else
you want to call it.  Trust me, I've made this work with hundreds of
"fields" because I didn't have to deal with trying to update individual
fields in a single record, I could simply update a single record for
that "field".  If you have hundreds of fields in a single record, that
doesn't mean you can't normalize it further.  It may just mean you're in
first normal form.

Charlotte