[AccessD] Programmatically Lockout Right Mouse Click?

Greg Smith GregSmith at starband.net
Thu Jul 29 09:54:22 CDT 2004

Hi Everyone!

I'm still dinking around with menus and trying to keep prying eyes and
mouse clicks out of the menubars.  Thanks to Doris and others I've gotten
the programming to get the right toolbar or menubar to show at the right
time.  The commandbar(s) command was the trick.  Although the
changeproperty would have been nice except that it only took effect on the
NEXT opening of the app, so it was fairly useless programmatically.

I'm looking for some way to disable the customize function or to disable
the right mouse click on the Menubars/Toolbars.  I don't want them
selecting alternate toolbars or menubars, or customizing anything.  I can
disable the right mouse button on the form, but that has no effect on the
menubars at the top.  I need to be able to do this programmatically as
well.  If the users login, I don't want them having access to any of the
menus except what I program to them, however, if I login, I need
everything turned back on.

Suggestions?  Comments?  Am I full of it trying to do this?  Is there an
easier way?  This is a secure database, but that shouldn't change what I'm
trying to do.  It's currently written in Access97.

Thanks in advance!

Greg Smith
gregsmith at starband.net