[AccessD] Re: Getting Started

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Fri Jun 4 08:08:29 CDT 2004

David,

First, I would suggest that you send a few willing ones on the list the
changes that your contracting company is making so we can evaluate it for
you and help you to not get trapped into using then for all future
changes.  And, the big one is to make sure the design of the table
structure is correct.  If the table design is bad, you will have nothing
but trouble in the future.

I would venture to say that all of us on the list are self-taught.  Some I
would also venture have been able to find a mentor to help us.  Personally,
I am self-taught and have been such a mentor.

Second, you do NOT want them to do the rebuild and hand it to you.  You
want to be involved in the sign off of each area of the design, tables,
forms design, report layout, commenting within all the code, etc.

I would be willing to help you in the evaluations if you like.

Robert