[AccessD] Cannot edit records in linked DQL table

Martin Kahelin mkahelin at gorskibulk.com
Fri Jun 18 14:21:24 CDT 2004

Can someone explain why some SQL table records linked to Access cannot
be edited or updated in open table view.  As soon as I try to make a
change I get a message that another user has the record open and it
won't allow saving the changed record.  I am the only user using both
Access and the SQL database.
I can make changes via query.
What changes do I need to make in either permissions, or ODBC data
source definitions.  Further info; we set up the SQL database and tables
ourselves - still testing.  No problems accessing, updating, adding or
deleting records in other databases on the SQL server.