[AccessD] Open asp template from Access form

Kath Pelletti KP at sdsonline.net
Thu Jun 24 18:53:35 CDT 2004

Hi eveyone - I need to write some code to open a 'template' file in Frontpage (ie. create a new .asp file based on a frontpage template which I will create)

I dont have much experience opening other apps, but I use this code in another app to open a s/sheet in Excel (see below). Can you tell me - is this the fastest way to open a Frontpage file too?
Is it CreateObject ("Frontpage.application")?

TIA

Kath

Private Function CreateSpreadsheet(rsRecordset As ADODB.Recordset) As Long
Dim strerrormsg As String
Dim ExcelRunning As Boolean
Dim xlApp As Object
Dim cell()
Dim lRows As Long
Dim lColumns As Long
Dim lColPtr As Long
Dim lRowPtr As Long
Dim strRange As String

On Error GoTo Err_Handler

'Create spreadsheet
ExcelRunning = IsExcelRunning()
If Not ExcelRunning Then
    Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Else
    Set xlApp = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
End If

'Set xlapp = CreateObject("excel.application")
xlApp.Workbooks.Add

'etc etc

 Function IsExcelRunning() As Boolean
Dim strerrormsg As String
On Error GoTo Err_Handler

    Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
    On Error Resume Next
    Set xlApp = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
    IsExcelRunning = (Err.Number = 0)
    Set xlApp = Nothing
    Err.Clear
Normal_exit:
    DoCmd.SetWarnings True
    Exit Function

Err_Handler:
    MsgBox "Error: [" & Err.Number & "]  " & IIf(Len(strerrormsg) > 0, strerrormsg, Err.Description), vbCritical, "Error Message"
    hcursor = CursorID
    RetVal = SetCursor(hcursor)
    Resume Normal_exit
End Function