[AccessD] FIND - anyplace not specific

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Jun 10 18:38:29 CDT 2004

On 10 Jun 2004 at 15:35, Kathryn Bassett wrote:

> It used to be, when clicking on the binolulars, I had the default to
> "look in" the entire query (or form etc) and Match "any part of
> field".
>
> When I installed Access2000 on my XP machine, that is no longer the
> case. Now, the default is to "look in" whatever field the cursor is
> in, and Match "Whole Field".
>
> How do I set the default back the way I had it?

Tools - Options - Edit/Find. Set Default Find/Replace behaviour
to "General Search"

Fast Search = Search current field , match whole field
General Search = Search all fields, match any part of field
Start of Field = Search current field, match begiining character(s)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg