[AccessD] Report to PDF using CutePDF

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jun 12 09:11:48 CDT 2004

Hi Rich

We have used FreePDF from:

  http://freepdfxp.de/fpxp.htm

The site is in German but FreePDF can be set to display English once
installed. It pops up a dialog window about what to do with your PS
file(s) to PDF creation.

However, the greatest advantage of this utility is that it wraps the
Apple Postscript driver, which guarantees a 100% compatible Postscript
output file, and feeds this to Ghostscript for conversion to PDF.

I have had some problems with the various PDF printers around - free
or not - but this combination works just fine.

As Ghostscript basically is command line driven, I guess it somehow
should be possible to print to the Apple writer, output to PS file(s),
and convert PS file(s) to PDF by Ghostscript - all under control from
Access.

Unfortunately, I have no time for playing with this now ...

/gustav